Latters - An English Translation

This is an unofficial translation of one of the blogs written by the Syrian teenager "Tal al-Mallohi". She blogs in Arabic. She is now in Jail and I thought it may be a nice idea to translate some of her articles into English. This is a purely individual effort and she has no idea about it.
The Arabic blog is at: http://latterstal.blogspot.com

Monday, October 18, 2010

Ninth Letter to the Humankind in This World

To my brother in Iraq.

O my brother human everywhere! Someone might wonder why this Arab girl is not mentioning the bleeding wounded Iraq? Was it forgotten by its own people? I sigh in pain as I grab the pen many times to write about you: capital of Al-Rasheed, capital of pride and dignity. Every time I find my tears reaching the paper before my ink. My sight becomes blurry in tears. I can only see the pale whiteness of the paper and the darkness of my heart. Baghdad! I have read about you in the history until you filled my sight and hearing. You have just carved deep bottomless canyons in my heart.

What could I ever say to you brothers in Iraq? Your endless conflicts made every single corner in Iraq has become smeared in blood! Each day, even each hour, there are booby-trapped cars, assassinations, destruction of buildings, or in other words destruction of a nation. You have ripped our hearts up.

Have you forgotten what Prophet Mohammed (may peace be upon him) said: "A faithful believer remains at liberty regarding his religion unless he kills somebody unlawfully." Look! You have killed all Iraq. Islam never commanded us to murder or assassinate people based on their identity!

Sons of the companions of Prophet Mohammed (may peace be upon him), be heroes of peace. I am entreating you for the sake of Allah to hold hands together. Come to an agreement of loving Iraq only! Life is too short. Bring back the civilization of Al-Rasheed, Al-Ameen and Al-Mamoun. Raise yourselves above these ideological and sectarian differences and think of the greater good for everyone with no exceptions, exclusion, or marginalization.

Behold Japan, after coming out of the war destructed, slavish and surrendered. With scientific revival and unanimous solidarity, an astonishing force was born. A truly magnificent country has emerged. The same can be said about Germany, the third strongest economic force in the whole world!

Stop! The wounds of this nation are bleeding to the point that it is almost dying. Wake up before it is too late! We cannot afford another Tal Affar or Falloujah everywhere in Iraq. Wake up! We cannot handle wars for another 20 years.

Legislators of the constitution, make it suitable for every Iraqi so that no one would be superior to others. Let Iraq remain a unified Arab country it has always been throughout the history.

O brother human! You are a noble creature. Give a hand for your brother in humanity everywhere. Let the history witnesses that the human of this century was not a spectator and languid. On the contrary, he is active in all global communities to achieve peace.

(O my "Brother Human" I do not say "goodbye" since I am always with you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment